Signed-up mushers (last update: Oct 15, 2017)
Two Rivers 200 (32 spots remaining):
- Peggy Kohnert
- Krys March
- Laura Allaway
- Jacob Witkop
- Jennifer LaBar
- Matt Shawcroft
- Lance Mackey
- Magnus Kaltenborn
Two Rivers 100 (full – all new entries will be added to a waiting list):
- Victoria Tenney
- Chandler Wappett
- Kristin Johnson
- Cindy Baker
- Rod Boyce
- Clarence Ess
- Alexandra Rochat
- Heather Hamblin
- Tyler Rode
- Lisa Taylor
- Sign-ups opened on Sunday Oct. 8 at 10 a.m. and are currently open:
- Entries close Sunday Jan. 14, 2018 at midnight (late sign-ups may be possible on request)
- Entry fee for the TR200 (capped at 30 teams) – $300
- Entry fee for the TR 100 (capped at 10 teams) – $150
- Current TRDMA club membership of $30 is also required for a complete entry.
- To help avoid any possible sign-up rush, please note that if one of the races fills to capacity within the first two hours of online sign-ups, all completed entries will go into a drawing for the available slots.
- All remaining entries will be placed on the wait list in order drawn.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Exception: Wait-listed mushers who do not make it onto the start list will have their entry fee refunded.
Order of events
- Thursday Jan 18, 6 p.m.: Bib draw and start banquet at Two Rivers Lodge, 16 mile Chena Hot Springs Road. Spaghetti feed. Mushers must bring vaccination records to bib draw.
- Friday Jan. 19, 9 a.m.: Breakfast buffet at Chatanika Lodge, 27 mile Steese Highway. Race starts at noon!
- Finish is expected sometime Saturday afternoon at Pleasant Valley Store, 23 mile Chena Hot Springs Road. The store will be open all night Friday and Saturday.
- Sunday, Jan. 21, 5 p.m.: Finish and awards banquet, Two Rivers Lodge.
- The TR200/100 purse has been set at a minimum of 50 percent of entry fees plus 100 percent of any non-refundable entry fees from mushers who voluntarily withdraw. Final purse amounts will be announced at the bib draw.
- The purse amounts will be paid (subject to change) to the top five finishers in the TR200 and top two finishers in the TR100.
- Race Marshall: TBD
- Race Judge: TBD
- Race Manager: TBD
- Trail Boss: TBD
- Dog requirements – Minimum of eight, maximum of 12.
- Vaccination requirements – Rabies, distemper and parvo (records checked at bib draw)
- A dog truck and handler are required for assistance with dropped dogs and gear. More than one team may use the same dog truck and handler. Working together is encouraged due to minimal parking availability at checkpoints.
- Mandatory gear: Cooker and fuel, food sufficient for one feeding, cold weather sleeping bag, ax, snowshoes, eight booties per dog, headlamp, snow hook, ability to stake out dog team, veterinary notebook.
- Mandatory rest: TR200 – 10 hours total to be taken in 30-minute increments at musher’s discretion as to which checkpoint and for how long. Handlers are in charge of the time card . TR100 – four hours to be served at Two Rivers Lodge checkpoint.
- Time differential: TR200 at Angel Creek Lodge . TR100 at Two Rivers Lodge.
- Checkpoints: A half bale of straw will be provided for each team at every checkpoint. Mandatory gear will be checked upon arrival at checkpoints. Mushers must sign in and out of each checkpoint with checker at exact time of departure. Mushers will leave directly from where their team is at rest.
- TR200 Mushers: Handlers are responsible for keeping track of your total rest time on card provided and will be verified by officials upon completion of race.
- No unattended teams. Handlers must clean up straw and all other debris after their team’s departure.
- Assistance during race: This race is a qualifier for the Yukon Quest and Iditarod. Rules will be enforced as such. Handlers are allowed to place drop bags and straw in an easily accessible location prior to musher arrival at checkpoints and to assist with parking/departure of teams. No other help is allowed other than in the interest of dog and musher safety. This includes no assistance with dog food preparation.
- Trail: Teams must complete course as marked or face possible time penalties or disqualification from race.
- Cutoff times: All TR200 mushers must depart checkpoints by the following times or face disqualification: Pleasant Valley Store, 12 p.m. (noon) Saturday Jan. 20; Angel Creek Lodge, 10 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20; finish at Pleasant Valley Store, 12 p.m. (noon) Sunday, Jan. 21.
- Teams will depart starting at 12 p.m. Friday, Jan. 19 in two-minute intervals, with TR200 teams going out first. Please check the info board on race morning for your departure time.
- Trail is as in past years but is subject to change.
- Start: Chatanika Lodge
- Checkpoint 1: Two Rivers Lodge
- Checkpoint 2/TR100 Finish: Pleasant Valley Store
- Checkpoint 3: Angel Creek Lodge
- TR200 Finish: Pleasant Valley Store