- Sign-ups opened Sunday October 9th at 9am
- Entries are closed since Sunday January 15th , 2017 at midnight (late sign ups may be possible on request)
- Entry Fee TR200 (capped at 30 teams) – $300
- Entry Fee TR 100 (capped at 10 teams) – $150
- Current TRDMA Club membership of $30 is also required
- To help avoid any possible sign up rush, please be aware that if the race fills to capacity within the first 2 hours of sign ups, all completed entries will go into a drawing for the available slots.
- All remaining entries will be placed on the wait list in order drawn.
- Entry Fees are NON REFUNDABLE!
Order of events
- Thursday Jan 19th, 6 PM: Bib draw and start banquet at Two Rivers Lodge.Spaghetti Feed ($15) Mushers must bring vaccination records!
- Friday Jan 20th, 9 AM: Breakfast buffet at Chatanika lodge ($14.50). Start at noon!
- Finish is expected some time Saturday afternoon at Pleasant Valley Store. The store will be open all night Friday and Saturday.
- Finishers’ and awards banquet Sunday 22nd, 5 PM, Two Rivers Lodge ($28)
Race information — quick reference
- The TR200/100 Purse has been set at 70% of entry fees plus 100% of the non-refundable entry fees from withdrawn racers. Final Purse Amounts will be announced at the Bib Draw the 19th. Currently the Purse amounts sit at (subject to change)
TR200 – $6,690 Paid to Top 5 Finishers
TR100 – $1,290 Paid to Top 2 Finishers
- Race Marshall: Sebastian Schnuelle
- Race Judge: Darrin Lee
- Race Manager: Stacy Snyder
- Trail Boss: Abbie West
- Dog Requirements – Min 8 Max 12
- Vaccination Requirements – Rabies, Distemper and Parvo (records checked at Bib Draw)
- A dog truck and handler are required for assistance with dropped dogs and gear. More than one team may use the same dog truck and handler. Working together is encouraged due to minimal parking availability at checkpoints.
- Mandatory gear: Cooker/Heet, food sufficient for one feeding, cold weather sleeping bag, axe, snowshoes, 8 booties per dog, headlamp, snow hook, ability to stake out dog team , vet notes book
- Mandatory rest:
200 – 10hrs total to be taken in 30 min increments at musher’s discretion as to which Checkpoint and for how long. Handlers are in charge of the time card
100 – 4hrs to be served at Two Rivers Lodge Checkpoint.
- Time differential:
200 – Served at Angel Creek Lodge
100 – Served at Two Rivers Lodge
A half bale of straw is provided for each team at every checkpoint.
Mandatory gear will be checked upon arrival at Checkpoints.
Mushers must sign in and out of each checkpoint with checker at exact time of Departure. Mushers will leave directly from where their team is at rest. TR200 Mushers: Handlers are responsible for keeping track of your total rest time on card provided and will be verified by officials upon completion of race.
No unattended teams. Handlers must clean up straw and all other debris after their team’s departure.
- Assistance during race: This race is a qualifier for the Yukon Quest and Iditarod. Rules will be enforced as such. Handlers are allowed to place drop bags/straw in an easily accessible location prior to Musher arrival at checkpoints and to assist with parking/departure of teams. No other help is allowed other than in the interest of dog and musher safety. This includes NO ASSISTANCE with dog team food preparation.
Teams must complete course as marked or face possible time penalties or even disqualification from race.
- Cut-off times: All TR200 Mushers must depart Checkpoints by the following times or face disqualification.
Pleasant Valley Store – 12pm (noon) on Saturday January 21st
Angel Creek Lodge – 10pm on Saturday January 21st
Finish Pleasant Valley Store – 12pm (noon) on Sunday January 22nd
Teams will depart starting at 12pm January 20th, 2017 at noon in 2 min intervals with 200 mile teams out first. Please check the Info Board on race morning for your departure time. Don’t miss It!
- Trail is subject to change. However is planned once again as the following course:
- Start – Chatanika Lodge
- Check point 1 – Two Rivers Lodge
- Checkpoint 2/TR100 Finish – Pleasant Valley Store
- Checkpoint 3 – Angel Creek Lodge
- TR200 Finish – Pleasant Valley Store
The full version of the race rules can be downloaded here.
RESPECT FOR YOUR DOGS, OTHER MUSHERS AND VOLUNTEERS IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES!