The 2017 Solstice 50 mile race will take place on Saturday, December 23, 2017, with start and finish at Pleasant Valley Store.
- Sign-ups opened Friday, December 1 at 9am and are now closed.
- Entry Fee – $75 online, payable via PayPal (debit/credit cards accepted).
- The field is limited to 30 teams. Any additional teams will be added to a waiting list.
- Race-day sign-up may be available pending capacity (same-day race fee: $100)
- Current TRDMA Club membership ($30) is also required
- There are NO REFUNDS for withdrawal from the race. However, if the race has to be cancelled due to lack of snow or other weather issues, all race fees will be refunded. Membership fees are not refundable.
Below a shortened version of the race rules. In case of doubt, the complete race rule document is authoritative (feel free to download a copy).
- The race will start and finish at Pleasant Valley Store
- Check-in begins – 9am
- Musher meeting and bib draw – 10am
- Race start – 11am
- Dog requirements: No minimum. max Of 12
- Vaccinations: rabies, distemper and parvo. Please have vaccination records or receipts with you so they can be shown to race officials if asked.
- There are no checkpoints or dog drops for this race. All required gear, as well as any dogs who become injured or tired, must be carried to the race finish line by their musher.
- Required gear: axe, cooker, heat, dog booties, sleeping bag, dog food, snow shoes and head lamp.
- No outside assistance is allowed to complete the 50 mile course except for in the interest of dog and musher safety.
- Bibs will be drawn the morning of the race in order of sign ups.
- Purse Paid to the Top 3 Finishers – Amount To Be Announced
- Race marshall: Judy Currier
- Race manager: Amanda Smith
- Trail boss: Jessie Retynski