UPDATE: Following the decision by the Dec. 7, 2016, volunteer meeting, the 2016 Solstice 50 mile race (originally scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016) has been canceled due to lack of snow. Entry Fee refunds will be sent out via PayPal on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Sign-ups open Sunday November 13th at 9am on this page
- Entries close Sunday December 11th at midnight. Race-day sign-up may be available pending capacity (same-day fee: $100)
- Entry Fee – $75 online, payable via PayPal; $100 for a race-day sign-up
- Current TRDMA Club membership of $30 is also required
- Sign Ups are online only here, via the Solstice 50 sign-up form
- There are NO REFUNDS for withdrawal from the race. However, if the race has to be cancelled due to lack of snow or other weather issues, all race fees will be refunded. Membership fees are not refundable.
- The race will start and finish at Pleasant Valley Store
- Check-in begins – 9am
- Musher meeting and bib draw – 10am
- Race start – 11am
- Dog requirements: No minimum. max Of 12
- Vaccinations: rabies, distemper and parvo. Please have vaccination records or receipts with you so they can be shown to race officials if asked.
- There are no checkpoints or dog drops for this race. All required gear, as well as any dogs who become injured or tired, must be carried to the race finish line by their musher.
- Required gear: axe, cooker, heat, dog booties, sleeping bag, dog food, snow shoes and head lamp.
- No outside assistance is allowed to complete the 50 mile course except for in the interest of dog and musher safety.
- Bibs will be drawn the morning of the race in order of sign ups.
- Purse Paid to the Top 3 Finishers – Amount To Be Announced