2013-3-07: The race has started. Updates here.
2014-03-06: The bib draw has taken place. See below for the start order.
Musher list with bib numbers (start order):
Two Rivers 200 mile race
- Arthur Sutton
- Will Rhodes
- Nick Guy
- Raelynn Shover
- Rolland Trowbridge
- Riley Dyche
- Kristin Knight Pace
- Yuka Honda
- Mary Helwig
- Alan Eischens
- Patrick Beall
- Benjamin Good
- Chris Ciancibelli
- Matt Hall
- Tony Angelo
- Joanna Jagow
- Shaynee Seipke
- Amanda Gecas
- Thomas Lesatz
- Cody Strathe
- Zoya Denure
- Stephanie Ehlenfeldt
Two Rivers 100 mile race
3. Pato Geron
4. Derek Patton
5. Dennis Kananowicz
- Race Marshall: Rick Armstrong
- Judges: Thom Swann, Judy Currier
- Trail boss: Greg Stoddard
- Race management: Bill McKee, Scott Chesney
- Thursday, March 6: Bib draw and paperwork. Start 6pm AKST at the Two Rivers Lodge. Bib draw starts at 7pm. Spaghetti feed for a fixed price ($15). Please bring your vaccination records.
- Friday, March 7: Breakfast at Chatanika Lodge (approx. $12/adult) at 9am AKST; mandatory mushers’ meeting 10 am AKST. Race start: noon, in 2 min intervals (200 mile mushers first, 100/50 mile mushers afterwards).
- Sunday, March 9: Awards banquet at Two Rivers Lodge ($32). 6pm AKDT (5pm AKST) — please note the clock change!
The Chatanika Challenge / Two Rivers 200 with its associated 100 mile race is the main event of the Two Rivers Dog Mushers Association racing season. This year’s event is scheduled for March 7-9, 2014, with bib draw/start banquet at the Two Rivers Lodge on March 6. The 200 mile race is a qualifier for the Yukon Quest and the Iditarod 1000 mile sled dog races. Please let us know beforehand if you would like to run the race as a qualifier. Also note that every participant has to be a member in good standing with the Two Rivers Dog Mushing Association. So if you (or your kennel) are not a member yet, please add a membership form and the appropriate fee to your application.
Two ways to sign up:
A. By mail:
- Print out and fill in the race application
- If you haven’t renewed your membership yet, please also print out and fill in a membership form
- Send both, together with your payment (check to the order of TRDMA) to our address: TRDMA, PO Box 16201, Two Rivers, AK 99716
- Fill in the race application online form
- Pay your race fee and membership by PayPal (buttons now removed)
Information on membership levels can be found on our Membership page.
Note: Sign-up in person at the bib draw (Thursday March 7, 6 pm, Two Rivers Lodge) is possible, but subject to a late fee of $25.
This page will be expanded with more information as it is finalised.