Join TRDMA for our first annual fundraising dinner at the Pleasant Valley Community Center (mile 23 Chena Hot Springs Road) on Friday, December 15 from 7-11 pm.
We will have a fun evening of live music, food, drinks, a raffle and silent auction with donated items and hand crafted items. All proceeds go towards club operational costs and races such as the Two Rivers 200/100.
Entry is $20/plate + 2 raffle tickets ($10 kids under 10) or $15/plate + 2 raffle tickets if you bring a dish. We hope to see you there!
The sign-ups for the 2017 Solstice 50 mile race on December 2017 are now open.
Applicants need to make sure that in addition to filling in the entry form, their membership must be current.
Sign-ups for the 2018 Two Rivers 100 and 200 races are now open. Race start is Friday, January 19, 2018, at Chatanika lodge.
This post is to sign up for the annual TRDMA rabies vaccination clinic.
The event is taking place on Sunday, October 22, 2017 from 11 am to 3 pm at the Pleasant Valley Community Center (behind the Pleasant Valley Store, milepost 23). You can get your pet or whole kennel vaccinated for the low cost of $10 per dog or $15 per cat (prices subject to change based on the price of the vaccine).
Payment by cash or check due the day of the event, please.
To help getting everyone served without long waiting times, please pre-register and bring a list of all animals using our printable form. Here is how it works:
Complete the form below (or go to the form on a new page).
Download the animal list form, print it out at home, complete it, and bring it along. This form is important! It helps us with the event logistics and will remain in Dr. Olson’s records. (We will have forms on hand during the event.)
Show up with your whole gang!
TRDMA club events during the 2017/18 season will be:
- Two Rivers Funjor, Oct. 15. A 5K canicross event, or 10K bikejor, or 1K canicross relay. Run it with a dog or bike it with a dog. Or run it with stuffed animal dog. Sign up online!
- Solstice 50: Saturday, Dec. 23, Two Rivers. Signups start Dec. 1 online.
- Two Rivers 200/100: Friday, Jan. 19 to Sunday Jan 21. Start at Chatanika Lodge. Signups start Oct. 8 online.
- Hamburger Run: February. Date TBA. Two Rivers to Angel Creek Lodge.
- Valley Funale: March. Date TBA. Pleasant Valley Store.
For updated information and upcoming links to individual race pages please consult the Races and Events page.
The 2017/2018 season is soon starting again, and there is a lot of business to take care of. We will therefore hold our first meeting of the season on Wednesday, September 6, 2017, at 7 pm at the Two Rivers Lodge.
- Open board positions. The positions of President and Vice-President are currently open. Please consider putting your name forward!
- Volunteer positions: We will also need to re-organize and fill volunteer positions. Are you able to help with trail work, volunteer coordination, sponsor relations (!!) please let us know.
- Planned canicross race! As the first race of the season, a 5k canicross race (that is, a dog-powered runner — bring one live dog or stuffed dog) is in planning. Tentative date: October 14, 2017. Other details to be determined.
- Other old and new business.
Our membership year begins in September, and we will have membership forms and electronic payment for the 2017/18 season available soon.
(NOTE: The date was erroneously given as Tuesday, Sep. 5, in a previous version. We apologize for the confusion.)
At our next regular monthly membership meeting, we will be holding the annual board elections, on Wednesday April 5, 2017, 7pm at Two Rivers Lodge.
We have multiple open board positions to fill. Please come, vote, and consider volunteering, to continue the excellent work started by the current board!
President – Open
Vice President – Open
Secretary – Lia Amundsen
Treasurer – Ryne Olson
Musher at large – Matt Hall
Volunteer Coordinators – Cathy Turinsky & Amanda Smith
Web master: Chris Waigl
Trail Boss – Open
Sponsorship Committee – Open
In other news, our annual end-of-season event and potluck, the Valley Funale, will take place on Saturday, March 25 at the Pleasant Valley Store. Volunteers are needed! Follow the link for more information!
With March already upon us, the race season is winding down! If you haven’t followed along, you can find on this site the results for the 2017 Two Rivers 100/200 mile race and of the 2017 Burger Run — 30 miles, mushers and skijorers.
Upcoming: The Valley Funale on March 25th, at Pleasant Valley Store.
Registration for the 2016 Solstice 50 mile race on Saturday, December 17, 2016, are now open on this web page.