TRDMA club events during the 2017/18 season will be:
- Two Rivers Funjor, Oct. 15. A 5K cani-cross event. Run it with a dog or bike it with a dog. Or run it with stuffed animal dog. Signup info TBA.
- Solstice 50: Saturday, Dec. 23, Two Rivers. Signups start Dec. 1 online.
- Two Rivers 200/100: Friday, Jan. 19 to Sunday Jan 21. Start at Chatanika Lodge. Signups start Oct. 8 online.
- Hamburger Run: February. Date TBA. Two Rivers to Angel Creek Lodge.
- Valley Funale: March. Date TBA. Pleasant Valley Store.
For updated information and upcoming links to individual race pages please consult the Races and Events page.
The 2017/2018 season is soon starting again, and there is a lot of business to take care of. We will therefore hold our first meeting of the season on Wednesday, September 6, 2017, at 7 pm at the Two Rivers Lodge.
- Open board positions. The positions of President and Vice-President are currently open. Please consider putting your name forward!
- Volunteer positions: We will also need to re-organize and fill volunteer positions. Are you able to help with trail work, volunteer coordination, sponsor relations (!!) please let us know.
- Planned canicross race! As the first race of the season, a 5k canicross race (that is, a dog-powered runner — bring one live dog or stuffed dog) is in planning. Tentative date: October 14, 2017. Other details to be determined.
- Other old and new business.
Our membership year begins in September, and we will have membership forms and electronic payment for the 2017/18 season available soon.
(NOTE: The date was erroneously given as Tuesday, Sep. 5, in a previous version. We apologize for the confusion.)
At our next regular monthly membership meeting, we will be holding the annual board elections, on Wednesday April 5, 2017, 7pm at Two Rivers Lodge.
We have multiple open board positions to fill. Please come, vote, and consider volunteering, to continue the excellent work started by the current board!
President – Open
Vice President – Open
Secretary – Lia Amundsen
Treasurer – Ryne Olson
Musher at large – Matt Hall
Volunteer Coordinators – Cathy Turinsky & Amanda Smith
Web master: Chris Waigl
Trail Boss – Open
Sponsorship Committee – Open
In other news, our annual end-of-season event and potluck, the Valley Funale, will take place on Saturday, March 25 at the Pleasant Valley Store. Volunteers are needed! Follow the link for more information!
With March already upon us, the race season is winding down! If you haven’t followed along, you can find on this site the results for the 2017 Two Rivers 100/200 mile race and of the 2017 Burger Run — 30 miles, mushers and skijorers.
Upcoming: The Valley Funale on March 25th, at Pleasant Valley Store.
With the unfortunate cancellation of the 2016 Solstice 50 we am happy to announce the return of the Burger Run, which will take place on Feb 25th, 2017.
The race will start at Pleasant Valley Store and Finish at Angel Creek Lodge.
For an Entry Fee of $30 (plus current membership), each musher and one handler per sign-up will get a burger at Angel Creek Lodge at the end of the race.
Sign-ups will be the morning of the race. Up to 12 dogs in a team. Also open to ski-Jor teams!
There is no purse for this race…. but hopefully we will have prizes 🙂
More details coming as we get closer.
(Also, remember our big event, the Two Rivers 200/100 races in January 2017)
Registration for the 2016 Solstice 50 mile race on Saturday, December 17, 2016, are now open on this web page.
Go to the race web page to sign up. Don’t forget you need to be an active member to have a confirmed place on the roster!
The Two Rivers Dog Mushers’ Association is kicking off the 2016/17 season with our annual TRDMA rabies vaccination clinic, run by Dr. Jeanne Olson of Raven Veterinary Clinic, North Pole. It will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 11 am to 3 pm at the Two Rivers Community Center (behind the Pleasant Valley Store, milepost 23). You can get your pet or whole kennel vaccinated for the low cost of $10 per dog or $15 per cat (prices subject to change based on the price of the vaccine).
Payment by cash or check, please.
To help getting everyone served without long waiting times, please pre-register and bring a kennel animal list. Here is how it works:
Complete the form below (or go to the form on a new page).
Download the animal list form, print it out at home, complete it, and bring it along. This form is important! It helps us with the event logistics and will remain in Dr. Olson’s records. (We will have forms on hand during the event.)
Show up with your whole gang!
Join us and Pleasant Valley Store for the Annual Valley Funale!
UPDATE: Results are available here.
20 Mile Adult – up to 10 dogs
10 Mile Adult – up to 6 dogs
4 Mile Juniors ( also Ski Jor and Adult Fun Run course)
Kids Enclosed circle course
(remember this is a non purse event)
Race fees are –
Current Members Free
$5 for kids
$10 Adult and Junior Non Members
Easter Egg Hunt provided by Pleasant Valley Store
Burgers and Hot Dogs Provided by TRDMA and our new Event Sponsor Kinross Ft Knox!
Pot Luck – Bring a Side Dish!